We pack our headlights in their factory-original boxes that are designed to hold the headlight securely and safely during transit. Extra padding material is also packed inside for extra precaution -- however, we cannot guarantee that damage during transit will not occur. Negligence on the shipping carrier's end is always the reason for damaged lights upon arrival.
Customers will need to add insurance up to the full cost of their purchase after order completion. UPS and USPS Priority Mail shipments include $100 worth of damage-insurance by default. If the customer does not add extra insurance, we will only be able to claim $100 worth of compensation for any damages. Any extra costs for parts and services will be billed to the customer.
To ensure that your purchase is covered completely, adding extra insurance to your purchase is highly recommended.
Doing so ensures that you will not have to pay out-of-pocket for any part(s) or service(s) if we need to build a new light.
If your lights arrive damaged, do not install the lights on the car, and contact us immediately and provide photo evidence of the damage. The photo evidence is needed for opening a damaged item claim with the shipping carrier.
Keep the lights in the boxes along with all packaging material the way it was sent and we will instruct you further.
Please note that compensation often takes several weeks to pay out by the shipping carrier and usually involves sending out an inspector to observe and verify the damage(s). It is imperative that the lights are left exactly the way they arrived.
Compensation is paid out to the sender. Once we receive the compensation from the claim, only then can we order any replacement part(s)
and perform any service(s) required to either repair or rebuild the lights. Repair/rebuild service is not done free of charge, which is why it is highly recommended that your order is insured for the full purchase amount.Typical Insurance Claim Scenario:
1) Customer purchases a brand new set of retrofit headlights and adds insurance in the full value amount of the purchase.
2) Upon arrival, a tab is broken on the light(s). Customer takes photo of the damages and sends us the photo evidence.
3) We open a claim and shipping carrier has an inspector come out to observe and verify the damaged item(s).
4) Several weeks later, the shipping carrier pays out the compensation for the damage(s).
5) We order brand new light(s), part(s), etc. and build brand new light(s) for the customer.
6) Newly built light(s) is shipped out to the customer.